Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

I have always treasured the Mother's Day gifts my children made me in Elementary School but once they both graduated to Junior High School these gifts no longer appeared discreetly on my table. Just one of the many things you miss as your children grow up. My dear husband took over the gift buying role and he slid into perfectly! I was always happy and teary eyed when I would get the sweet card and breakfast cooked for me in the morning. Of course he would always spoil me in the gift department as well.

This year was a little different. I woke up to coffee brewing and the smell of bacon in the kitchen. Of course this got me motivated to get out of bed in anticipation of my yummy breakfast.  As I come upstairs my daughter calls me into her room (she still can't walk without the crutches) and hands me this:

You see my daughter has matured so much over the last year. She has a very good job, which she loves and they treat her fantastic. She is also a very smart, talented, & ambitious young woman. In the days before Mother's Day she kept telling me that I was going to LOVE LOVE LOVE my gift and she couldn't wait for me to get it. I would ask for hints and she would tell me she couldn't tell me where she purchased my gift because it would give it away. See this is her payback to me as I do this to her every year for her birthday. It is a fun teasing and we love it. I open the little blue box and discover this:

I am so proud of my daughter; she listens and pays attention to things you have said in passing. For me it was when she received her first little blue box for her 18th birthday from her Aunt Missy. I remember turning to my husband (half joking and, well let's be honest, half serious) and saying I am in my late 30’s and I never have received one of those little blue boxes filled with yummy goodies. He laughed and said shall we go look in your craft room? Point taken I said. Well she must have heard because she has blessed me with my first blue box. I love my daughter! 

Makayla thank you for being more than I could ask for in a young woman. And thank you to my son, Cody, for being a smart, funny, & talented young man. Your heart is as big as your smile, and you let the whole world know it.

You two are my world and I can't wait to see what you will offer this world in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment