Now onto the subject of crafting! This year we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I want a cute name plate for the table settings so I am starting my search. I was blog surfing and have found lots of examples of this particular craft so I decided to try it. Here is what I came up with.
More Mustard Card Stock
Cajun Craze Card Stock
Basic Black Card Stock
Pumpkin Pie Card Stock
Whisper White Card Stock
Chocolate Chip Card Stock
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock
Petite Pennants Builder
1 ¾” Circle Punch
½” Circle Punch
¾” Circle Punch
1” Square Punch (Holiday mini)
Cello Bags (Holiday mini)
Turkey Body:1. Cut one 1½” x 11” strip of More Mustard
2. Cut one 1½” x 11” strip of Cajun Craze
3. Cut one 1” x 11” strip of More Mustard
4. Cut one 1” x 11” strip of Cajun Craze
5. Cut two 1” x 11 strips of Chocolate Chip
6. Score all strips at ¼”
7. Fold using the “Mountain to Valley” techniques. Basically fold one up and one down until it is complete.
8. Cut all pieces, except the Chocolate Chip, so you have 10-12 mountains of each color.
9. Create a Rosette using the Chocolate Chip
10. Using sticky Strip attach all the 1 ½ x 11 strips together alternating colors.
11. Using a glue gun make a fan out of each folded strip
12. Glue the smaller fan onto the larger fan
13. Glue the Rosette onto the fan.
14. With Chocolate Chip CS punch out a circle using the 1 ¾” Circle Punch (this will be the base for the face
15. Punch out two ¾” circles from Whisper White
16. Punch out two ½” circles from Basic Black. Glue onto the Whisper White
17. Attach to the Large Chocolate Chip Circle.
18. Create the Beak by folding Pumpkin CS in half and punch out with the scallop Petite Pennant. Be sure to move the paper down from the top so it stays together
19. Cut out the tongue with Cherry Cobbler using the straight pennant from the Petit Pennant punch. Attach to the inside of the scalloped beak.
20. Attach to face.
21. Using Pumpkin Pie cut out his throat piece. I used the scallop side of the Petite Pennant Punch.
22. Attach all pieces to the large Oval piece cut out of Chocolate Chip
To make his hat
23. Cut out on 1” circle from Chocolate Chip. Snip the circle in the middle and cut out a flap.
24. Cut out one 1” square and trim the sides to make it look like a top hat.
25. Attach the flap to the back of the hat piece.
26. Cut out a small strip of back and attach to the hat. Cut out a small piece of More Mustard and a small black Square. Glue them all together and stick on the black strip.
27. Attach to the Face
The Turkey legs
28. Cut out 4 Scallop Petite Pennant’s
29. Glue the bottom end of the Cellophane bags to them to form the feet.
30. Fill with Orange and Brown M&M’s and close the bags.
31. Attach to the turkey body with Sticky Strip.
How cute is that! If you have any questions at all please leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can! Happy Thanksgiving planning! With Thanksgiving just 3 weeks away I better get busy!