Friday, October 14, 2011

Look what you can do with MDS & Rubber Cement!!

Ok, so I was so excited to play with rubber cement :-) I haven't done that since I was in elementary school. I have been playing with Stampin' Up!'s MDS software for a few weeks now and I have to say I love it! Nothing retires in this product so my favorite stamps will always be available to me.

As you know I love to create 3-D items. A 3-D item is really anything that isn't a card or a scrapbook page :-) Nice and fancy term for it huh? I recently ran out of my notepaper that hangs on my refrigerator and I have been looking for something super cute but I also didn't want to spend $15.00 on small paper! Really?? So I turned to Stampin' Up! and MDS didn't let me down! I created this super cute notepad in under 5 minutes. Really it is that easy. 



  1. I started with a New Postcard in MDS 4 x 9 1/2"
  2. I added the Create Stamp colored it to Melon Mambo (because it is my favorite!)
  3. I added the Flower in the bottom corner. Change the color to Melon Mambo and change the opacity to very low. It is very hard to see in the photo but it is there.
  4. Add the quote from the same stamp set and change the color to Melon Mambo.
  5. Add a Text box just below the Create stamp. Choose the font you want and type your favorite quote.  Here is the quote I used: "God is really another artist. He created the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style. He just goes on trying other things. - Pablo Picasso"
If you are new to digital scrapbooking and would like to learn how to use MDS please email or call me to set up some time to learn it! I would love to teach an MDS class if there is enough interest.
Happy Creating!!!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment