Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Abby!

My beautiful niece turned 10 this past weekend and I am so happy that I got to spend it with her. It is her first birthday that I was able to help with! She has always lived too far away but she is now 20 minutes from me and I couldn't be happier!

She decided she wanted a summer surfin theme. I think it was in hopes of bringing some sunshine to Western Washington and I am happy to report that it worked! The sun came out for the day and we were able to enjoy it! The kids also created a mini surfboard as their take home project. We picked up some foam boards and let the kids design them.

Here are a few photos of the party. I will say that the older she gets the less she likes my camera in her face. She used to love it.

I created her birthday invitations in My Digital Studio, printed them onto Whisper White card stock and then adhered it to Pool Party and Early Espresso. Those were the colors she wanted! I also printed the envelope with the surfboards to keep the theme going!




Then I started the task of creating her "real" surfboards for the decorations! Oh my goodness let me tell you have thankful I am for my husband! He cut out all the surfboards for me and he let me invade his "office" for the week so I could get the surfboards completed.

My son and his girlfriend helped me with the wave surfboard and were pretty proud of their work.

Here are few more photos of the fun party favorites that I created for the kids:





It was so much fun to help her celebrate her birthday and so much work! Whew, I needed a really long nap after that week.

If you would like the full directions for any of the super fun projects please leave me a comment and I will email them to you!

Also be sure to check out my online store HERE to get on the fantastic Sale-A-Bration promotion going on now. This promotion ends on March 31st so don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment