Monday, August 1, 2011

Goin Hybrid!

We hosted a graduation party for my daughter and I wanted to send out something to her guests that showcased her time in school. I could have cut all the photos out individually but really didn't want to worry about lining them up in a straight line so I went digital!! We had a tough time narrowing it down to only 16! I wanted it to have a photo from each year of school but she had other ideas, in the end she won because, it was after all, her party.


Here is what I did digitally:
•Size your 16 photos into 1"x1" squares
•Start you canvas at 5" x 5 1/4"
•Line your 1" photo's around the outside to create a border.
•Print the project out on 5x7 photo paper (trim off the white)

Here is where the paper came in:
•Cut your card base @ 5 5/16 x 5 6/16
•Cut your grad cap @ 3x3
•Cut the invite 3x6 (fold in half)

Create your tassel. I took embroidery floss wrapped it around my first three fingers 50 times. Slid it off your fingers and insert a 4 inch strip inside the circle. Tie a knot at the top. Tie a 4 inch strip around the "neck" of the tassel. Cut the bottom and trim as needed.
Putting it together!


Adhere the photo card to your card base. Glue down the 3x6 paper into the middle of the photo card. Attach your tassel using a mini brad. glue the hat top to the folded 3x6 card and you have a Graduation invites! If you would like to try out going digital give me a call and we can set up a class to learn MDS from Stampin' Up!

Happy Creating!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment