My husband has officially ventured into his 40's Yikes! He isn't crazy about getting older but does enjoy watching our children grow up and become respectable young adults that he is proud of. I wanted to create a card that represented something that he enjoyed. He has a few hobbies; golf, woodworking, watching movies, gardening, and hiking. Well when I ran across Teresa Giordano's blog post about her masculine card swap I couldn't resist trying it out.
Here is my take on her card:
Supplies I used:
122617 Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess Set)
121045 Basic Black cardstock
119683 Daffodil Delight cardstock
100730 Whisper White cardstock
119854 Scallop Punch
119783 Peach Parfait Ink
101610 Stampin Sponges
104331 Snail Adhesive
1. Punch out 5 scallops using the scallop punch.
2. Sponge the outside of each scallop using Peach Parfait ink.
3. Cut ta piece of Basic Black cardstock to 4 ½” x 3 ½“. Trim the bottom corners off.
4. Cut the 3 pieces of Daffodil Delight cardstock to 1” x 4”. Trim the bottom corners off each piece.
5. Sponge Peach Parfait ink all over the strip. Go heavier on the bottom and sides.
6. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock at 1½” x 4”, cut a handle out.
7. Glue the 3 Daffodil Delight strips down on the Large Basic Black piece.
8. Arrange the Scallop Circles on top and glue down.
9. Glue the Handle to the back of the card.
10. Stamp your sentiment on the front and you are done!
Please let me know if you have any questions!